Thursday, October 27, 2011

Looking up on life


I always get nervous before I write, especially when someone, it may not be many but someone is going to read it and I worry if they will enjoy it, but you know what the truth is? We write for ourselves and share it with others, at the end of the day no one has to like it. It is your story.

3 weeks ago I went to H20, whilst dancing in the sunlight I saw a bunch of Indian guys smoking a hubbly; naturally I had to join the party. If there is one culture I love to party with, it’s the Indians because they are there for “ The Love Of Music “ nothing more, nothing less.


As I danced with them and having a phat chat I suggested we took a photo and asked my newest friend to stand up for the photo, I was disappointed to have him decline, but for reasons not obvious to me he could not stand for a photo. Its so amazing how when we get to know people before seeing what some say are disabilities, we don’t judge them and it doesn’t matter to you and from that instant you have made a new friend. He sat in a crowd of thousands and danced the day away to incredible music with his friends all around him.

Ever since that day I have felt so inspired to write a blog, about a story and how it just makes me smile every time I think of it and will remember that moment forever.

However, I never wrote the blog or told the story. Last night I was going to write it and I just “ didn’t get to it”. Today, out of the blue I got a random message from a perfect stranger…Not knowing who is was, I replied unenthusiastically, until I looked at his pictures and there was a picture of him and I, my arms hugging him tightly sitting on the ground" I SMILED, it was my friend from H20 who had shared a story that I will remember forever, it was the universe's crazy way of giving me a crazy to sign, to say " ey, you: tell a story"

Thank you Friend, you know who you are.

2011 has been a particularly challenging year, the year of change and new beginnings. Not the funniest at times and I have had a lot to learn. I left varsity and decided to take a seed I planted 5 years ago (a marketing, branding and promotional business) and start to water it. I took on an incredible Partner, a scary, challenging year but we have kept pushing and to grow and even though there have been times we thought about giving up, we haven’t.

Decided to climb a mountain for Charity, to stand on the highest point in Africa with incredible like minded people and trained to summit this mountain and push my limits physically, mentally and spiritually and the www.kilo2kili.co.za team will conquering one of the 7 highest summits in the world and if we don’t get to the top, at least we know we tried our best and challenged ourselves and I grew as a person.

This year has gone so quickly and even though I may not have achieved all my goals for 2011, the one thing I do know is that I took chances, lived, embraced those around me and challenged myself.

Decided to buy 700 kg's of raw olives with my boyfriend and created a brand to make money to travel the world. At times nearly caused us to nearly break up, but everyday I eat our amazing olives and I am reminded about our incredible friends who came and sat for hours cutting olives who help us make our dream come true.

So in end to all this I want to say, Climb a mountain because you CAN and you have the body to get you up there. Make a decision because you find the courage and DO IT. Challenge yourself; even if everyday you wake up going “ what the fuck am I doing?” Takes chances, dance to the music and most of all LIVE…for you.

Look up on life, cause life is worth looking up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment