Friday, June 4, 2010

Photograph



Since the day I left school I thought I wanted to be a journalist.I wanted to tell a story. However sometimes life gets carried away with you and you forget some of the most simplest, most beautiful times of your life. 

I started this blog because I wanted to share a piece of my life as so far it has been so fascinating, I wanted to share it with the world, after posting 2 blogs and neglecting it for more than 2 weeks craving and wanting to write again, to tell my story, life ran away with me and I forgot about the simple most beautiful moments in life that at the start of it all inspired me to start this blog.

Why is it that the most life changing thoughts happen after a couple of drinks or after a big fat joint....its times like this when you sit looking, thinking and wondering about the world, believing that you cant change it, that the most powerful thoughts come into your mind.

Sitting listening to PLUSH I began to write again, music plays a huge influence on our lives.I have always admired singers, song writers and artists who believe they can change the world...have you ever thought about the POWER words have on us?! The reason I love music so much is because words make a person feel real, words make you laugh, make you cry, make you want to love, hate and most of all experience the world and what it has to offer.

Such as a simple photograph... My room is filled with photographs of beautiful people, some I see everyday, some people who I have only ever met once and some people who have had the biggest impact on my life, I see these photographs everyday yet I often forget how every person in that photograph has made an impact in my life. Its sad to think that due to technology we have lost that sense of treasury, a simple memory captured in a frame can evoke the most precious memories, stories and moments that we tend to forget.A picture is forever.

I know this may seem a lot to ask, but do me a favour....let's stop the world turning for one second, do the things you love, write more , sing songs you love even if you cant, dance your heart out even if you have no rhythm, tell someone you what you honestly think, tell someone you are falling in love with them, wake up and realise how amazing life is... even if you don't feel it or believe it...just enjoy it!!Go out and print those pictures from a holiday years ago, get them framed and look at them, treasure them and most of all REMEMBER that moment, you captured it for a reason, cherish it!!

The smallest incidents in life make you feel inspired, we don't always feel it every day. However the days you feel inspired, don't just sit back and watch it happen, show the world you feel inspired, it might just change someone's life or inspire them to inspire others, it's as simple as that...

No comments:

Post a Comment